Sunday, April 12, 2009

I've run out of gas...

So I haven't worked out really in a couple weeks. I took a lovely stroll around the park with Rex last week, but that only sort of counts for me. It definitely counts for him. My weight is staying fairly steady between 135.5 and 140, so it's not moving past it's 5 lb range. Boy do I get excited when I see 135.5! I have my Peachtree training starting in a couple weeks, and I just don't feel ready. School has been really busy since I'm nearing the end of this term, and Rex has been home during the week, which makes it a little harder to schedule workouts when he's on a different schedule than I am. I'm not saying it's his fault, I'm just saying it's harder because I want to spend as much time as I can with him. I also have a convention to attend this weekend, and final exams right after that's finished. I just don't have enough time!

Hopefully this training that I signed up for (and paid $55 for!) will kick my butt into high gear. There will be some very experienced runners handling the training, and they're supposed to have some tips on motivation and nutrition as well. I could use all of it!

On a good note, I bought up a bunch of G2 grape flavor from Publix last week on sale. Yay!! That will definitely come in handy after the longer runs. I also bought a box of Luna bars. Like most energy bars, they're too much for a snack and not enough to be a meal replacement (not that I recommend replacing meals with bars...eww!!). But I figure they'll be a good quick energy boost before runs, and I have a lot of trouble eating early in the morning. I have to be up about an hour before eating doesn't sound disgusting, and I need to eat about 45 minutes before a run. I think these bars will help because they're tasty and easy to eat.

No comments: