Sunday, April 12, 2009

Before and After

I was going through some old pictures on my hard drive when I came across some pictures that were taken of me two years ago. I look like such a porker!! Ahh! I actually remember feeling really insecure at this time due to my weight. It was the heaviest I had ever been, and I was struggling not only with finding clothes that fit my new body, but with the expectation that because I was Asian (and my mother's child) that I was supposed to be a lot skinnier. I don't know if those expectations were all internal or if they came in part from other people, but luckily for me Rex didn't care. Just to show everyone the kind of progress I've made with changing my diet and incorporating a little exercise, I want to let everyone see a picture from two years ago taken at the Georgia Aquarium and a picture taken recently at a race. Let it be known that if I can make changes and lose a little weight, so can everyone else. I am not the role model for healthy living I sometimes think I am. I think it's a little hard to tell the changes since I'm sitting down in one picture and standing up in another, but to me the changes are huge.

No comments: