Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hmph!!

That countdown tool doesn't work. Agh!! I just want a way to see exactly how far away the big race is. Oh well. I guess I can't complain too much about free tools.

On a good note, the weather today is amazing! We have one more freeze on Monday and Tuesday, which is typical for Georgia, and after that we should see beautiful weather getting warmer and warmer. I cannot wait until 80 degree weather! Sandals and sun dresses, here I come!!

For those readers looking for a post more substantive than me complaining about a countdown tool, check out this article. Fueling up for a run is an area that's unique from runner to runner. It's also an area that most of us struggle with from time to time. I typically avoid running in the wee hours of the morning because I just don't have enough fuel in my system. Being hypoglycemic can be a bit difficult to deal with at times. I don't think my condition is as serious as the Mayo Clinic makes it out to be...my mom has it and my dad's family has a history of type 2 diabetes. I just need to make sure I don't overdo/underdo the sugar and exercise regularly. My doctor wasn't overly concerned about it as long as I seem to have a handle on it.

No comments: