Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Exercise myths - Abs

I love reading stuff like this. When you see myths debunked, it can really change your perspectives - particularly when we're talking about exercise. We all have something we think is tried and true and will get us real results, when in reality we're either wasting time or potentially injuring ourselves. This article highlights the 6 ab myths that are floating around in the exercise world. In case you're new to the blog, having a strong core is essential to being a good runner. To be honest I haven't been good about keeping up with the core exercises. I've been off and on about the push-up goal too, which is a great way to help build a stronger core. I was very tempted during my run yesterday to stop by the pull-up bar and see if I could squeeze one out though. I haven't worked on anything but running lately so I probably can't, but I'm beginning to get the urge to try again. :)

No comments: