Friday, April 2, 2010

Not every run is a good run

And sometimes the bad ones are horrible. I went for a run on Wednesday, only for it to turn into an exercise in futility. My legs felt like they had lead weights on them, and for some reason my left knee was bothering me. I wasn't even concerned with my left knee! It was the right one that had given be reason to be concerned over the weekend. Sheesh!

Needless to say I walked most of it and consoled myself with the fact that at least I got out and tried. Oh well. Sometimes we have bad runs. That's okay. I have a sneaking suspicion I need new running shoes. I was bad and didn't track the mileage on my current pair of shoes, but I did get them last June. Sounds like a trip to the running store is coming up soon.

On another note, flowering pear trees stink. Like made me think I stepped in poo stink. Apparently my neighborhood is filled with them. Blech!!!

Instead of running yesterday I fell asleep. Evidently arriving at work at 6:45am and leaving at 4pm is not a good combination. I will run tonight, although it will be an easy run. Tomorrow morning I will try to run as well, but if I don't make it I'll run that evening.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I think Wednesday was just a bad day to run in general. You should see my blog post from Wednesday...its not good lol. Your next one will be better! :)