Monday, March 1, 2010

Despite good intentions...

I got no runs in this weekend. What did I do instead? Sleep. For about 10 hours Friday night and Saturday night each. Am I tired? Apparently!! I took a cue from my body and just relaxed. I think I'm super tired and trying to cram in workouts when I'm this tired leads to disaster.

On another note, I am planning on racing in a 10k in April. It will be the Run the River, benefiting a local charity called Homestretch. The weather ought to be really nice, and I hear that this is a course that is flat and fun to run. It will be a good race to finish before the Warrior Dash, and a do-over for last year's Peachtree Road Race. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't have a whole lot of time to get ready. There's plenty of time if I am consistent, but we all know that I have not been the model of consistency lately. We'll see how it goes.

I will try to run this afternoon since it's in the low 50s today. It's time to start easing back into this!

No comments: