Thursday, March 25, 2010

Checking out another running trail...

In the spirit of keeping things interesting I took Rex to another running trail in our local area. We went to the Big Creek Greenway, which is a bike/running path built in the Big Creek flood plain/wetlands. This is newly developed. So new I could still smell the new chemically treated wood on one of the bridges LOL! The nice thing about this area (and the Greenway in Alpharetta, similar design) is that it's straight forward and easy to run.

What we did was our usual run 3, walk 2. To make sure we were both being challenged appropriately, I ran at my usual speed and would turn back towards the end of the 3 minutes to walk with Rex. Grand total for mileage was 2 miles! Total time spent was 30 minutes. For a beginner runner, I think that's fantastic! Rex felt great after the run. His legs were tired and a little sore, but he didn't feel exhausted. He actually felt pretty good when we were finished.

I'm planning on running a 10k next month, but so far it doesn't look like I'm totally ready. That's fine. I'll run as much as I can and walk when I need to. I feel like it will be a good primer for the Warrior Dash, which is a 5k. So far everything is going pretty well!

No comments: