Monday, March 29, 2010

I am a running fiend!

I had my first double run on Saturday. I ran 2 miles that morning before taking care of my errands, and then I ran another 2 with Rex that evening. I felt like such a pro LOL! Surprisingly I felt pretty good too. I had to use the "stick" to work out the lactic acid in my thighs, so Sunday I was feeling pretty good. Rex's shins were bothering him a bit, but it's mostly because he keeps using his running shoes as his every day shoes. Big nono! I now have to get him another pair of running shoes. The cure for that pain? Ice! Sunday he felt great. My Sunday? Well...

Let me state up front that this is not a running-related pain. I was vacuuming my house like crazy on Sunday. To get the tumbleweeds of kitty fur under my couch, I had to get on the floor and use the extended wand on my Dyson. Much twisting and contorting later, I felt my knee get tight and then pop very loudly. It didn't hurt much, and didn't bother me again until that night when I went to see Hot Tub Time Machine (omg hilarious!). I iced it and went to bed.

Fast forward to today, and my knee is just tender. Tonight's run may be downgraded to a walk to make sure I don't aggravate it. Treatment calls for more ice, since that seems to have helped the most.

No comments: