Monday, December 22, 2008

Va Highland Christmas 5k


So my running buddy Jennifer and I decided that since this was a Christmas run we'd dress up a bit. Too bad I didn't think about the weather enough because Saturday was HOT (55 degrees!)!!!

This turned out to be one of the most challenging courses I've run so far. The only course that was harder was Clyde's Run which was my first 5k. Hills and I do not get along. I am proud of my time, which was 39:40. It's about 4 minutes slower than my PR, but considering that my PR was achieved on an extremely flat course I am pretty happy. Plus this is a much better time than my 47+ time at Clyde's Run. For those that don't know Clyde's Run was on July 19th.

All in all I've made some significant strides in my running this year, and I have myself to thank for it. Yes, I met friends at races and we cheered eachother along the way, but in the end I did this myself. I also did this for myself. If I hadn't taken charge of my body and diet, then I'd still be sitting at home wondering why I was gaining weight and my blood sugar levels were making me sick. I am still working towards my ultimate goal of running in the Peachtree Roadrace this July. It will be my first 10k, and my biggest race ever. It's actually the biggest 10k in the United States, and right in the middle of the Georgia summer (July 4th).

Go ahead and laugh at my picture. If you think I was the most outrageous person at the race, you've never seen two men wearing matching silver and gold tights *wink*

No comments: