Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

With the holidays coming to a close, I hope everyone was able to spend time with their loved ones and enjoy the crazy weather that Atlanta has been blessed with the past few weeks.

I was fortunate enough to get everything I wanted for Christmas this year - gift cards to Dick's Sporting Goods so I can buy more winter running gear! I plan on hitting the store tomorrow after work (yes I am one of the fortunate folks who have to work the day after Christmas). Hopefully I can snag a great deal on long sleeve t-shirts, tights, gloves, and maybe a hat or two. I also plan on treating myself soon by going to a specialty running store to buy myself some running shoes based on my running style.

I plan on beginning a mileage build up in about a month so I can be good and ready for this year's Peachtree Road Race. I feel confident about it because I can really see the progress I've made in each race. It's taking a lot of work and dedication, but it's really worth it.

Have a safe and happy holiday!!

No comments: