Monday, September 27, 2010

Training is slightly derailed but still happening

I was too busy to run Saturday, so I planned on running Sunday. Too bad I didn't bother to check the weather because it not only rained Saturday night but all day Sunday and a good part of today. Oh well. I will run tomorrow, and then it looks like Thursday is a wash. I've got an appointment with someone from school after work, and I'm not sure how long it will take. This shouldn't surprise anyone who works with me, but I am looking for a new job. With school wrapping up in 4 weeks and my eyes on a career that can't be advanced at my current company, it's time to start the good ol' job hunt. Career Services from Keller is helping me find something. Any help is good!

Anyway, it looks like I'll be able to keep up some semblance of running this week which is good. I'm planning on running after class Saturday, but if that doesn't work I'll go Sunday. My runs so far feel pretty good, and I feel like I'm making decent progress. I've quit focusing on trying to run the whole time I'm outside training, so a lot of pressure is off now. I'm okay if I have to walk some of the half marathon too. The goal is to finish!

No comments: