Wednesday, December 8, 2010

OMG! It is REALLY cold!!!

Holy cow! What happened to the weather here?! It's one thing to say it's cold outside, and it's another to finally get your butt out there and realize that 28 degrees is literally freezing. WOW! I was sooooo cold last night. It was a harsh reminder that I need to layer up, find my gloves, and get some ear muffs.

Because I hadn't run in a while due to my recent head cold and because I hadn't been in the cold in a while (as you can tell by my reaction earlier), I decided to just walk. I was very tempted to run to warm up faster, but I was not in the mood to deal with an asthma flare up.

There was one advantage to being in my neighborhood when the sun had set: Christmas light displays! I have a lot of enthusiastic neighbors. Some have great taste, some don't. The cheapskate in me wonders how bad their electric bills are, but I digress. It was definitely a nice way to spend my evening. Tomorrow I'll head out with Red to tackle 2.5 miles. I hope to run 3.5 miles Saturday with a short recovery run on Sunday.

Speaking of being outside at night, my new safety accessory was awesome. I'll take some pictures and write a better review later. Short version: it rocks! Now I'm gonna go and curl up with a blanket on the couch with my kitties.

No comments: