Thursday, January 29, 2009

Upcoming Races

I've been trying to add a stinkin' countdown tool to this blog for weeks, and the only I can find doesn't work. Hmph! I want to show how much time I have left between now and July 4th, which is when I will be running the Peachtree Road Race. I've been looking at pictures of past races, and with the 55,000 person crowd that will be there I am thinking that this will be a race just to have fun. I doubt that I can accurately judge my time, especially since only the elite groups get to have running chips. I will have to depend on my own watch and hope I don't get run over in the crowd.

Speaking of races though, I will be running in the Cherokee County Animal Shelter Scurry in Canton GA this Saturday. This race will be helping a cause I feel very strongly about because the four cats I have were all rescued. I'm just not looking forward to the super early start time (8 am, but because the race is so far away I have to leave my apartment at 6:30). I've been so inconsistent the past two weeks I'm going to forget about performance and PRs and just have fun. This will be the first race I can use my neck gaiter in due to the cold, so pictures ought to be interesting!

No comments: