Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Passing out and the best corn dogs ever

I have hypoglycemia. This means that I sometimes have a hard time controlling my blood sugar. When I got home today I was suddenly ravenous, so I did what any conscientious person does. I ate a bunch of oreo cookies. Unfortunately the sudden influx of refined sugar caused me to fall asleep hardcore on the couch. Oops! I could say that I didn't know any better, but I do. Oh well. Hopefully the oreos will be gone soon and I'll have the temptation removed. I can't even blame my husband because I bought the oreos myself. I'd say lessons learned but I would bet that you'll hear about something like this from me in the near future.

On to the corn dogs....I actually don't like to eat a lot of meat. I often joke that I'm married to Meatasaurus Rex, so going meatless isn't always an option. On a whim I picked up MorningStar's corn dogs made with veggie dogs. OMG they're awesome! I usually don't care if the fake meat tastes like meat, but this was so convincing the Meatasaurus Rex liked it. Nuke them for a couple minutes, slather ketchup on them, and chow down baby. At 150 calories a piece, you can enjoy a little comfort food without feeling guilty. I'm honestly just glad I can eat something without all the preservatives that normally accompany hot dogs. Woohoo!!

No comments: