Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting back into the habit!

Well, I hope that's the case. Rex and I went running Saturday morning and then we boxed some more last night. I hope to get a run in tonight to keep up the good work. So far boxing is a lot of fun, and it's a great workout for the arms, back, and chest. We also incorporate a lot of core workouts because you can't go wrong with a strong core. We have about three more months before Rex has some work-related physical agility tests, so we'll be working more on speed drills and fartleks in the near future. I need to get him to a 10-minute mile for at least 1.5 miles. As long as we're consistent this will be very doable.

On another note, I wanted to share this interesting article about exercise myths. I've known about the running vs walking myth for a while, but I can't get over the fact that I can be more efficient with running over walking. I also liked that it said that the afternoon is the best time for exercise, since that's when I usually go running. Woohoo!

No comments: