Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's the deal with French women and the perception that they're better than American women?

Seriously. What's the deal? Is it that half of France smokes? For those that don't know, smoking acts as an appetite suppressant. Is it all the rich buttery food they eat? I don't know why this annoys me, but it does.

Here's the article that inspired me to write something about the ridiculous "French women are better" movement. Yes, exercise throughout the day is good for you and can burn extra calories with little additional effort, but to look down on those of us who do try to exercise regularly (and those like me who fall off the wagon occasionally), I think, is wrong. To just tell people to eat less shows a clear lack of understanding of how the human body works.

Anyway, that's the end of my ranting for tonight. I have a 5k coming up on Halloween, and I have promised myself to start running regularly again to make sure I'm ready for it. School is gearing up so this will be hard, combined with shorter daylight and cooler weather. I can do it! I did it last year, sans school, so I should be able to do it this year.

On another note, is there a specific topic anyone would like me to research and write about? Let me know and I'll see what I can do. I know that there are readers out there who lurk (the vast majority of responses I get are friends on my facebook page). Let me know!

No comments: