Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where did all of my excitement go?

Apparently it evaporated in the hot July heat while I was training for the Peachtree Road Race. With the hardcore training schedule and the training-induced sciatica, the Peachtree ended up being very anti-climactic for me. I haven't been in a race since, and running has honestly been quite frustrating for me. I realized that what I had lost was that spark. That excitement I would get knowing another race was around the corner. Performance be damned, I just needed something to get excited about!

So I've decided which races I will run in October, November, and December! The October race is a race I ran last year, so now I'm super excited about it. I've never run a race more than once. The longest distance will be 4.5 miles, which is very doable. Now if only this incessant rain would end...

No comments: