Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Running tomorrow!

I'm excited about running tomorrow, but I have a feeling I won't be in the mood come tomorrow afternoon. That's usually how it goes for me, but I plan on taking my gym bag with me so I can change at work. Then I'll run at the Greenway by my house. It'll be hot, muggy, and full of bugs. The best part? I'll be running! Rex is away for training this week, so I gotta find some stuff to do to fill my time. Playing Fable 2 like it's going out of style is probably not recommended. I also have the new Lego Harry Potter, but that's not much better on the nerd scale. I'm such a dork!

So I had class tonight, and I can tell it's going to be good. Who knew managing quality could be cool? Yes, I'm a big nerd. I embrace the nerdness!

On another note, I wanted to give everyone an update about the hypoglycemia. I haven't finished reading that book I bought, and here's why. It suggests that I completely give up sugar in all forms for 20 days. Things like fruit, rice, bread are included on this list. I can't stop eating fruit now! It's the middle of peach season! Do you understand that I made 2 peach cobblers this weekend? TWO!!! GAH!

Anyway, I'm not doing this fast (I heart fruit!). I'll finish reading the book sometime, but the part that made me kind of sad was that most doctors apparently don't believe that this is a legitimate condition. I can see why. I basically have pre-diabetes. Kinda figured that, but you'd think the medical profession would like to prevent full blown type 2 diabetes and treat folks like me. Nope! We're written off as hypochondriacs. In the end I have a feeling that staying away from processed sugar and exercising will always be my best bet for making sure the shakes and migraines don't get to me. Who knew we could be our best doctors?

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July!

No comments: