Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Training Plans

As promised, here is the post with the information about training plans. My boss told me about Hal Higdon and his free training plans. I took a look and liked what I saw so much I think I'm going to use one for my next half marathon training.

Speaking of training, I keep having pain in my right shin. It's definitely a shin splint, but I don't know why it won't go away. I've not been running really, so I dunno. I'm going to take it easy a few more days and see.

I'll have to brave this insane heat and my right shin soon though because I need to rebuild my base before training officially begins. I also need to break in my new shoes! Since I'm in the middle of half marathons, I am taking advantage of the lull by trying some new shoes. They have a lot less padding which will help me with my form. They also mean my calves require some time to adjust so I've got to ease myself into them. They are amazingly comfortable though! As soon as I've had more time in them I'll post a review.

And on that note, have a happy holiday week and be safe in this heat!

No comments: