Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm in love....

With my new shoes! It might be a little early to say for sure, but my run yesterday with the new shoes was awesome. I felt great, my form felt spot on, and the only issue I had was from the heat. I would have run again tonight, but it stormed.

I have to start training for my next half in a few days (Monday to be exact). This new training plan has be working out in some fashion 6 days a week. The days that are listed as strength training will be dedicated to either biking or exercises that improve my form. I'm very excited about being back in training. It's funny how that works. Towards the end of 3 months of total dedication, I can't wait for the race to be done so I can relax a bit. Now that it's been a few weeks since I've trained hardcore, I can't wait to begin again.

The best part about the last time I trained was I knew how to mentally prepare. Each time we face something we've conquered, it becomes easier to face it and to deal with known obstacles. The first time I trained for a half I got so burned out I didn't run regularly for a long time. Who knows? Maybe soon I'll be able to avoid those kinds of burn outs in the future. I anticipate it though if I ever tackle a full marathon. That's a lot of dedication!

1 comment:

sports fan said...

Hi, great site, very informative. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

Thanks!

Frank
frank641w@gmail.com