Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Do you run or exercise to lose weight?

I admit, and you can see it in previous posts, that I have often hoped for weight loss through running. I even expressed disappointment when I only lost 10 lbs after training for a half marathon. I've come to accept the fact that accepted methods of losing weight cause me to be amazingly hungry and don't work as well as I would like. Eat fewer calories? I hope you don't mind that I get really cranky when hungry. Work out more? Makes me hungrier, but I am healthier and feel better. Cut out sugars? Works well, but I end up with strong cravings on occasion.

So what have I done? I aim for whole, non-processed foods when I can with fewer refined sugars and protein at every meal. I also try to get fruits and veggies in my daily diet. It seems to help a lot, and I am still eating food that tastes good and satisfies me.

There's an interesting article on Yahoo! that I think will interest many people. Did you know there's thought of creating a vaccine against obesity? That being fat doesn't mean you're not fit? I like the newest research coming out. It validates the struggle most of us go through, even if we only struggle a little. Let's face it: we all think there is something that can improve about our bodies. Now we're getting more data to help us in a healthy way.

No comments: