Friday, September 16, 2011

Foods that help you feel full

To make sure I didn't turn into a bloated version of myself after the half-marathon, I made sure to start taking high protein meals to work and avoid eating out as much as I used to. Some things that help me:
  • Special K High Protein Cereal with almond milk (unsweetened)
  • Turkey/ham sandwiches on wheat
  • Low-fat Greek yogurt or a single serving of cheese
  • Bananas (not high in protein, but still satisfying as a snack)
I feel better overall, have not regained any weight (in fact I think I lost a little), and saved money. Turns out I was on the right track. Yahoo has a good article listing foods to keep you full and which ones that you really ought to avoid. I love that avocados are on the list as good for you. They're yummy!!!

No comments: