Tuesday, July 21, 2009

There just isn't enough time...

So between buying the house, packing, remodeling, school, work, and anything else life can throw my way I haven't been able to find time to run since the Peachtree. That was about three weeks ago. My running is going to suffer considerably for this break, but that's okay. I think I was getting a little burnt out with the intensity of training. Red made a very good point today. When we would go on our group runs with the training group, we were supposed to be running at an easier training pace. We actually ended up running race pace which burned us out and caused us to peak too early. *sigh* Oh well.

Hopefully once life calms down a bit I'll be able to discover some new running routes around the house and get back to sharing my adventures in running. For now, I'm going to have to experience life's other adventures for a bit. Fear not! I'll still update the blog, but it won't be about my personal running for a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Si said...

I have a bit of downtime myself every couple of months for a bit. I find it puts off the staleness, and it feels awesome returning after a break (although the first run back ALWAYS sucks!).

Good luck!