Saturday, June 20, 2009

Skipping the dry run...

A huge part of this "In Training for Peachtree" program is a dry run of the course a couple weeks before the race. With the problems in my hip and back, plus the general crappiness of the directions from last week's run, I have decided to just sleep. See, last week no one was checking to see if anyone was lost or left behind while running through the city. If you weren't familiar with the area, then the directions we were given sucked. How was I supposed to know there was a pool house at Piedmont Park? I've only actually been to the park once, and that was years ago for the Pride Festival. Anyway, luckily when I had to turn back I was familiar with the streets enough to walk it. I'd hate to walk through the city and not even know where I was. I did that once - it sucked!

I hope to write a review of a running book I finished recently. It's taken me literally months to read it in between classes and work, but it's been awesome and I'd like to share why I think it's awesome with everyone.

No comments: