Sunday, June 9, 2013

Staying busy

Well despite the best of intentions, my running suffered quite a bit over the last 6 weeks. Work was crazy and my foot gave me lots of issues, not to mention the crazy weather we've been having in the Atlanta area. I swear there has only been one dry weekend since I last posted.

So now I think my schedule will begin cooperating with me. My foot is better after a few trips to the podiatrist. Unfortunately it still hasn't stopped raining but oh well. I am still running a half marathon in October, so I have to get back into training mode soon. I am looking forward to that since I can tell I'm about to start gaining weight back if I don't start doing something more active than sitting.

Some things I will try this summer:

  • Speed work - I attempted it last summer and it seemed to help
  • Hills - I can run 3 miles on a flat surface, but for some reason hills get me right now. Must work on that to build stronger muscles
  • Strength training - I didn't realize how good it was for training until I stopped
So those are my goals. Let's see how I do!

No comments: