Monday, June 17, 2013

Gearing up for training!!

So I got my training plan all marked up in my training journal so I know exactly how much time I have left to get ready for training. Basically I have a month to get back into regular running, and now that I have a deadline looming I suddenly feel very motivated. This is why signing up for races work so well. You run out of excuses because it's sink or swim baby!

The training plan I am using is the same as the one I used for my last two half marathons. For the Publix I didn't train enough before it was time to really start adding the miles, so that was why I was injured. The one before went really well because I trained pretty consistently, and I felt pretty good.

For those that are looking for good training plans, I like the ones that are available for free on Hal Higdon's website. Free is awesome :) Plus the site has good advice and training plans for all levels. If those don't float your boat there are lots to choose from online.

No comments: