Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's almost race day!

Tapering? Check.

Race gear packed? Check.

Travel plans finalized? Check.

Excitement building? Double check!

So we're a handful of days away from the Chicagoland half marathon, and I'm totally psyched. The start time for the race has been pushed up to 7 am due to the anticipated heat, which is fine with me. That's still 8 am EST, which is normally the time I tackle my long runs, and I live in a city whose corny nickname is "HOTlanta". Yes, it's terrible but it does get really hot and humid here. I think I'll be fine for the race. Regardless, I'm still going to be vigilant about staying hydrated but that was always the plan.

When we come back, I plan on some light runs and then a 10k on Memorial Day. I think 6.2 miles ought to be very doable a week after the race. If it isn't, well I'll let you know.

Stay tuned for race pictures and results!

No comments: