Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Overdue Updates

Well it's been a little while since my last post. I try to post about once a week to keep things fresh and to keep motivating myself. What I've been doing so far since officially the training plan hasn't started yet is just get back in the groove, as my last post mentioned. Running the usual walk route with the dog, running a couple miles on the weekends. Rex has been trying to run as well and has been doing pretty well.

A couple weekends ago I ended up with something that pretty much derailed me last week. Food poisoning! I never, EVER get this kind of bug, so Rex and I were very surprised when I came down with it. The worse part was the lack of energy I had after recovering. Oh well. Luckily that didn't derail me too badly. What caused it? Good question. All I know is I was miserable.

This weekend I get new running shoes, and I'm trying to join a clinic at a local running store about good running form. It'll be nice to get a fresh start with both shoes and form. Then it's training time!

No comments: