Sunday, January 13, 2013

Starting over....again

After some hard thought the night before the Hot Chocolate 15k I decided to skip the race. I got most of my race swag at the expo (obviously not the finishers mug) so I still got the nice sweatshirt. The reason I bowed out was because I just wasn't ready to run the distance. There is still plenty of time to train for the Publix half in March so don't expect any surprises there.

So what led me to this state? There are a couple reasons.

1. I just didn't maintain any decent mileage after the half in October. It's my fault. It always amazes me how quickly I lose fitness. It shouldn't but it does.

2. I always struggle with the late fall months. For some reason I can't seem to get the motivation to run. There isn't much I can do about it now except try to avoid the same mistake next year. Oh well.

So hopefully things will improve. We can't get better if we don't fail on occasion. My philosophy is it's not about the failure itself but how you move on from it. Here's to not repeating past mistakes.

No comments: